Vitamins for stress? Yes! Discover how nutrient healing and supplements for stress can help you build your garden of life.
Don't Stress It
Invite relaxation by giving your body vitamins for stress.
Maybe it starts between your shoulders – that knot that feels like a knife in your back.
Or perhaps it feels harder to breathe. You have to consciously tell yourself to breathe out and take a good gulp of air back in.
For some of us it's that headache...or that sickly feeling in your stomach.
It may start out differently for each of us... but we all know what anxiety feels like from: financial stress, job stress, chronic stress, family stress, school stress, exam stress, physical stress or emotional stress.
Truthfully, stress is not necessarily a bad thing. It's our body's way of shifting hormones, heart-beat, circulation, blood sugar levels and breathing so that we can react to a major threat.
But unlike when we faced off with sabertooths generations ago, we can't react to today's stressors in the way our body is primed to do. In other words, you can't start sprinting and yelling when the boss comes to check on your project, your cell phone rings or your child gets hurt in a soccer game. More often than not, today's stress-response inducers require us to remain seated, think quick and talk calmly.
Without being able to physically respond and work through the chemistry of extreme tension, the results stick around and wreak havoc in our bodies. Our heart, our blood sugar metabolism, our immune system, our digestive system – our health in general – take a punch. Although we can’t wish away financial or job stress, school or family stress, there are things we can do to help our health.
An effective antidote for stress is to reduce our emotional anxiety around it. Exercise, even a walk around the block, is a great way to release physical tension.
Nutrition, and stress supplements, can also help us fend off the effects. Did you know vitamins A, C and E are particularly beneficial? Did you also know…
- A recent large-scale study in Japan found that 5 cups of green tea can reduce psychological distress by as much as 20%. Antioxidant vitamins for stress are naturally found in some green tea.
- Omega-3 fatty acids also help. Population studies looking at countries where people eat lots of omega-3 fatty-acid-rich seafood found that in general, people were at a lower risk for depression.
Vitalive multinutrient provides you with the equivalent of 12 cups of green tea. And Chomega has just the right ratio of EPA to DHA in its high-grade omega-3 fatty acids to keep your mind and mood healthy.
But Vitalive goes much further in helping you manage stress.
- The full range of antioxidants and phytonutrients in Vitalive give your body the nutrients it needs to fend off the free-radical damage. High anxiety can increase respiration causing more oxidation and more free radicals.
- Its Digestive Support Complex contains a range of digestive enzymes that can help digestion go more smoothly as well as moderate inflammation. And ginger works well to calm an upset stomach.
- And Vitalive’s Siberian ginseng, an adaptogenic herb, nourishes your adrenal glands and helps your body adjust to changes induced by tension.
Furthermore, with stress, our heart has to work that much harder. Not only does it pump harder to get the blood moving more, but your blood vessels constrict in order to send more blood to the essentials like your brain. Being stressed for long periods of time puts an extra burden on your heart.
- Coenzyme Q10 nourishes the power-producing mitochondria of the heart, allowing it to work better and harder. LifeQ10 contains the best form of CoQ10 for your hardworking heart.
Finally, nothing like a good night sleep to cure all ills. But unfortunately, this powerful remedy seems harder to get the more stressed out you are.
- Osti-Care not only builds strong bones, its mineral mix also helps your nerves and muscles relax so you can get a good night's sleep. Many of our customers use it as a nightcap.
Managing stress requires a multi-pronged approach. But don't get stressed out about countering stress. 1-800-HEALTHY.com has done the work for you, creating supplements that provide you with the nutrition you need to protect yourself, unwind and recuperate.
Find out more about each stress-busting supplement by clicking on the tabs below.