Mental focus and concentration start with brain nutrients. Fuel your greatness with healthy food and key nutritional supplements.
Better Nutrition For Better Concentration and Memory
Your brain is starving. Find out how memory vitamins and supplements can help.
It's funny. When the Egyptians used to carefully mummify their kings, each organ had its own separate urn. Except the brain. The brain was discarded as a useless bunch of fat. They had no idea the role that grey matter played in our lives
We've come a long way in our understanding about the brain, especially brain health.
But we still neglect it when it comes to nutrition.
You see the brain is a real nutrient hog. Despite being only 3 pounds, less than 2-3% of the average adult’s body weight, it actually consumes a full 25% of your body's total glucose intake and oxygen. It also consumes a disproportionate amount of your other nutrients as well.
When we skimp on nutrition – which most Americans do – our brain loses out big time. A study conducted by the USDA of 21,500 participants found that no one – no one – received 100% of the RDA for 10 essential nutrients from diet alone. And the RDA only indicates the bare minimum so that you don't develop beriberi or scurvy. It's not what's needed for optimum health.
Another recent survey showed that 80% of American adults are missing out on adequate amounts of phytonutrients – the special molecules that give vegetables and fruits their rainbow of colors. These phytonutrients protect us like they protect the plants they come from.
And just this year, the Harvard School of Public Health stunned the research world by attributing 96,000 deaths each year in the US to omega-3 deficiency. Omega-3's happen to be one of our brain's favorite foods.
Americans bodies are hungry for some good nutrition. And if our bodies are hungry...our brains are starving.
To make things worse, our brains get even hungrier when they have to work hard. Ever notice how you hanker for a snack when you're reading or writing? How would you like to improve memory, concentration or your mental focus? Then feed your brain!
1-800-Healthy.com knows how hungry your brain is. And how feeding it properly can help it work better.
Here's how some of our memory vitamins and supplements can help you stay focused and mentally agile:
Vitalive contains "smart nutrients" like...
- Inositol and other phosphatides that your brain uses to build synaptic membranes – the place where signals jump from one neuron to another.
- Choline. This simple nutrient found in eggs and liver is critical for brain power. It does everything from making your neurons fatter for more firing power to giving you more neurons overall. It also seems to help you hang on to memories and get rid of toxins in the brain.
- Antioxidants. Because your brain burns up so many calories, it produces lots of free radicals that can damage it if left unchecked. Antioxidants capture free radicals and neutralize them, keeping your brain healthier. Vitalive contains a larger antioxidant clean-up crew than any other multivitamin. The antioxidants in bilberries, blueberries and the broccoli family have been shown specifically to help keep your brain healthy.
- Turmeric. Turmeric's curcuminoids have been shown to support the activity of macrophages as they clean up unwanted proteins off of your brain.
- B vitamins and magnesium. Research on children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder reveals that deficiencies of these two nutrients may be responsible for poor concentration. When children in these studies took supplements of B's and magnesium, their ability to focus and their consequential behavior improved.
Chomega is 1-800-HEALTHY.com's supplement formulated specifically for mood and mind health. It contains more choline as well as high quality omega-3's, carefully calibrated to help your brain. These two ingredients work hand-in-hand. Choline helps your body absorb omega-3's so it can get to the brain. There it insulates the neurons in order to improve performance.
If you'd like to build your mental powers by giving your body quality memory vitamins and supplements, reach for some good brain food in Vitalive and Chomega
You can find out more about these smart supplements by clicking the tabs below.