Avoid the doctor's office. Cut back on ills, pills and doctor bills with premium nutritional supplements. Support your immune system.
Don't Go Unprotected This Season
Beef up on immune system boosters…help protect your body against cold and flu viruses.
Think of your body as a fluid ecosystem – each organ and system is a teeming group of cells and microorganisms (probiotics) working together to get their specific job done.
And there's one group that roves around this vast world inside of you, watching over these groups of cells, communicating with them. This group’s job description is extensive. It combines border patrol, local cop, quality-control officer, clean up crew and communications team. This patrol makes sure the stuff you need stays – nutrients, healthy cells, friendly bacteria. While the stuff you don't want - decrepit cells and unfriendly microbes - goes.
Meet your immune system.
Now imagine that this patrol just can't do its job properly. Your immune system is tired or overtaxed. Your body is not making enough healthy cells to keep the ranks up. Or perhaps your body has been busy processing junk food all day instead of good food. And it can't keep up with your body's security needs adequately.
Just like every other part of your body, your immune system needs the right nourishment to stay on task. A sensible diet is key.
Immune system supplements can provide you with specific critical nutrients you aren’t getting. Wouldn’t you like a healthy boost, especially during a tough cold and flu season?
Vitalive provides you with core nutrition for core protection. It includes 100 nutrients, many of which work directly to support your immune system:
- Dr. Adrianne Bendich, immune system researcher and associate editor of the Journal of Nutritional Immunity, notes that vitamins C, E, and A all provide critical support for the immune system. According to one USDA study, 100% of Americans don't even get the bare minimum - the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) - of these nutrients each day.
- Natural health expert, Dr. Richard Blaylock advises everyone to take Vitamin D this winter – it's effective in boosting your immune system. According to a recent study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, 75% of American adults and teens are deficient in D.
- Zinc is essential for the production of white blood cells that, among other things, produce antibodies. Copper is essential for helping your white blood cells transform into powerful fighters.
- Plants protect themselves against the environment with phytonutrients. These compounds - that give plants their array of colors – are one of their key defenses. We can use them, too. For example, the phytonutrient found in the skin of apples, onions and berries, quercetin, has been shown in research to support the healthy activity of natural killer cells in your immune system. A study with athletes found that quercetin combined with exercise can make a significant difference to your health.
- Curcumin. This nutrient derived from the orange spice, turmeric, has been found to support the healthy activity of macrophages. Macrophages are like the vacuum cleaners of your immune system, cleaning up unwanted particles by engulfing them.
- Chomega's omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce the expression of genes linked to inflammation in immune system cells. In other words, this nutrient helps your immune system cells to calm down.
- Some of the same nutrients that support immune system activity, moderate it as well. Curcumin also works as an anti-inflammatory and quercetin has been shown to prevent histamine release from your immune cells. Histamines are proteins that provoke an immune system response.
Finally, your immune system can only do its job when it can move around your body easily. Keep your heart pumping strong and moving your blood and your immune cells around with LifeQ10's Coenzyme Q10.
A healthy immune system means a healthy you. It also means you’ll be better protected against cold and flu viruses.
To find out more about these immune system supplements and boosters click the tabs below.