No matter your political persuasion, the campaign trail takes energy nutrition and lots of it.
Nutrition For The Campaign Trail
Good Eating and A Few Good Supplements Make for a Winning Combination
Washington Health. Government Health. The campaign trail – what a rush! Nothing like the challenge and excitement of that collective push towards victory. And certainly - for all of us adrenaline-junkies - there's nothing like those late night powwows or a large, balloon-filled rally to really get the blood pumping.
But for many of the same reasons – it's grueling as well.
If you're the candidate, you're constantly on. Responding to questions, adjusting to new venues, transforming reams of information into credible soundbites. Not to mention all the hard work behind the scenes...
If you're not the candidate, it's long hours on cue as well:
- 12 hour phone-calling marathons...
- Juggling travel schedules, events, press releases...
- And dealing with all the other grumpy, sleep-deprived, stressed-out people on the campaign!
Truth is, you're all pushing it: Stress . . . sporadic, unhealthy meals . . . irregular exercise . . . sleep deprivation. It's the traditional recipe for political campaigns. But it's also a potent recipe for disaster . . . Just when you need to perform at your best.
You may be able to keep up the pace for a few weeks, but inside your body is battered. Eventually the toll begins to show in poor decision-making, irritability, lapses in memory, even falling asleep at the most inopportune moment (on stage, for example)
While it can't replace every area of health you neglect on the campaign trail, good nutrition can help tremendously. And when a good home-cooked meal is weeks away, a few well-chosen nutritional supplements can cover the gaps of eating on the road.
Here are a few to incorporate into your campaign plan:
- For mental focus even into that last campaign event of the day, take Chomega. Chomega mixes premium-grade omega-3 fatty acids with choline. These nourish your brain and keep your internal communications lines up and running. Better yet, they also keep your mood buoyant, allowing you to take those poll numbers with a grain of salt.
- To keep your energy up through a few more hours of phone calls, take LifeQ10. LifeQ10 contains the best, easiest-to-absorb form of Coenzyme Q10. Your cellular power plants, the mitochondria, use this nutrient to make energy. When you have enough, your whole body is energized.
- Support healthy circulation even when you're not circulating the room. Sitting for hours (on a plane or in a bus) slows circulation and puts you at risk for blood clots. Chomega's omega-3's and LifeQ10's CoQ10 work in tandem to support healthy circulation by strengthening your heart and reducing arterial inflammation. Vitalive's grape seed extract and its Bioflavonoid Complex strengthen your blood vessels and increase blood flow around the body. Take these in combination with the cholesterol-guard Optichol and you can be sure that even when you have to sit for hours in transit on plane or bus, your blood doesn't sit still as well.
- To manage stress and support your immune system, take Vitalive. Vitalive's full complement of nutrients is your "ultimate feel-good bodyguard". With the nutritional equivalent of 35 servings of vegetables and fruits in every dose, your body gets what it needs to stay strong and energized for the days to come. And since stress can bring digestive problems, its Digestive Support Complex provides additional help. It keeps your intestines working smoothly despite the pressure.
- Get a good night's sleep and keep your body's platform strong with Osti-Care. While Osti-Care's formulation was designed for feeding your bones, its minerals also help you relax and sleep well. In fact one of Osti-Care's fans, a flight attendant, swears it keeps her managing odd hours and time zones with ease.
Finally, while it can't necessarily win you the election, a winning smile doesn't hurt. Chomega's omega-3's keep your gums healthy while the anti-oxidants of Vitalive and the minerals in Osti-Care keep your shiny whites shiny and bright.
So get some activity in when you can and eat as well as the road allows. Nothing beats this combination for keeping the stress down and your health up.
But no matter how frenzied the pace gets, you're never too booked to take your supplements. Try these five and - no matter what the election results - you'll still finish strong.
Click the tabs below to find out more about each supplement.