Cultivate a fit body with pre and post workout supplements from 1-800-HEALTHY.COM
Optimal Nutrition For Optimal Fitness
Exercise can drain you. Discover how fitness nutrition, including pre and post-workout supplements, can restore you.
It doesn't matter who you are – a world-class runner or someone just starting a regular gym routine.
In some ways, all workouts are the same.
- Your body is expending energy while burning calories.
- Your muscles, nerves and joints are called into action.
- You're pushing your body beyond its comfort zone to the place where your heart rate speeds up, your hormones shift and your lungs have to expand.
For this reason, there are some fundamentals of nutrition that apply to every one who's moving and shaking. Whether it's tearing up some trails on your mountain bike... or refining your tango moves in the studio.
- Your body needs energy. You can't get the basic building blocks of energy – carbohydrates and fats – in a supplement capsule. But what you can get is what your body needs to turn the fuel you eat into energy.
- Minerals like magnesium and vitamins like the B's are critical for your body's production of ATP – your energy currency.
- Coenzyme Q10 keeps your mitochondria, the power plants of each cell, running well.
- And flavonoids like quercetin help with endurance and increasing your body's ability to take in oxygen.
- Your body needs protection. When you burn energy, your body also produces lots of free radicals that can damage tissue as they look for electrons. Antioxidants help your body sop up these rogues. Not only does this protect your body from tissue damage but it also protects you from the fatigue brought on by free-radical-induced wear and tear. Daily vitamins that can be taken as pre or post-workout supplements can give you the nutrients your body needs.
- Your joints need some extra TLC. If you're moving, you're using your joints. Your joints are held together and cushioned by connective tissue. Special nutrients – like hyaluronic acid and collagen – feed your connective tissue and keep your joints moving smoothly. The best pre and post-workout supplements include these special nutrients.
And you need something to help cool the inflammation caused by repeated, high-impact joint and muscle movement.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help balance out the inflammation cascade started by Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Many health researchers consider curcumin one of the most effective natural anti-inflammatories.
- Your bones need construction materials. Weight-bearing exercise is one of the best things you can do to keep your bones dense and strong as you grow older. The added stress and increased muscle mass spurs your body to put more into your bones. But in order to build your bones properly, you need to have calcium and other important bone-building ingredients on hand.
1-800HEALTHY.com has developed several well-researched supplements (good for pre and post-workout programs) that provide your body with this critical fitness nutrition:
- Vitalive provides you energy nutrition with nutrients like B vitamins, magnesium, and quercetin along with 97 other nutrients. It provides more antioxidant protection than any other multinutrient. And the curcumin in Vitalive helps calm inflammation.
- Chomega also helps soothe inflammation with its superior grade of omega-3 fatty acids.
- LifeQ10 provides your mitochondria and the rest of you with the best form of CoQ10 for energy production.
- Rejuva nourishes your joints and gives you beautiful skin to boot.
- Osti-Care provides you with an easy construction kit for your bones.
When you take these supplements along with a healthy diet, you can put the most into your workouts... So you can get the most out of them.
Click the tabs below to find out more about each supplement.